Monday, September 2, 2019

Episode 134: The Opposite of Pride

Play Now!

Broadcasting ads hither and yon is bad enough. Today, though, advertisers can target their ads. What happens when those in the crosshairs are unable to resist? Who is to blame, then, for harm? I ask that in this Episode 134: The Opposite of Pride.

In this episode, I play quite a bit from the Reveal episode "Harpooned by" Fuckbook. Go, now, if you can, and listen to that episode. Your anger will thank you. I read: from a bit from my computer quickie dictionary; and from Shoshana Zuboff's The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for A Human Future at the New Frontier of Power. I refer as well to an episode of Search Engine, which now appears defunct, sadly. Here is the only clue I could find.

Musically, I play three tunes who titles alone recommended them. First was Jahzzar's "Nightmare" (started twice), then Podington Bear's "Lip Gloss", and finally Lee Rosevere's "Intervention." I open with KMFDM backing a Mr. Ceglowski; and close with Mistle Thrush.

I'm releasing this under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment