Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Episode 133: The End of the Myth

Play Now!

Sometimes, things I recently read about happen in real life, giving relevance to those books I keep diving into… and more evidence that my reading (and this show) is on the right track. I share one coincidence in this Episode 133: The End of the Myth.

In this episode, I read from: Shoshana Zuboff's book The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for A Human Future at the New Frontier of Power (I'll be reading that a bunch more in the near future. Promise); I also read from my computer's quickie dictionary; and I quote about the only meme anyone seems to remember from the movie Up.

Musically, I play three tunes from Podington Bear. "Samara" was woven throughout the show, just to show the thematic change points. I picked the other two tunes for their titles as well as their tunage. These titles held relevance for what information I was sharing as they played: "Gathering" backed that aha! moment for what the Searchies could do; and "Relinguish" is what we end up doing with our private information today as a result. I also played Weird Al Yankovic's version of The Brady Bunch theme. KMFDM backed Bernie Sanders in the opening, and I'm closing today with Julie and Rolf and the Campfire Gang doing "Over the Rainbow."

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment