Monday, September 7, 2026
Episode 289: Time Bandits and The Curse of Bigness
Play Now!Have you ever wondered why so many of your friends feel things in general have deteriorated over the years? Worse, has this been happening more and more at the same time the talking heads seem happier and happier about how bad things were, but how great things are now? You're not alone. I explore possible factors that explain this split in opinion in this Episode 289: Time Bandits and The Curse of Bigness.In this episode, I read from: a Matt Stoller article from his newsletter Big; Tim Wu's book, The Curse of Bigness: Antitrust in the New Gilded Age; and Matt Stoller's book Goliath: the 100-year War Between Monopoly Power and Democracy (for the final Louis Brandeis quote).From Minnesota Implement I relate the highlights from at least one video from Minnesota Implement (above), the owner of which was explaining why he was close to closing his doors after 28 years… at least until his videos started going viral. I did the same with an Organized Money podcast episode.I play: Pee Wee Herman's classic observation about big buts. Musically, Matt Stoller opens the show backed by KMFDM; and Julie & Rolf & The Campfire Gang sing us out with "Over the Rainbow".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment