Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Episode 171: Testing Our Glob of Assumptions

Play Now!

Too many of us lately seem to assume that the negative forces guiding brains are… a thing. (Well, that’s my assumption.) As a general rule, maybe we all just need to heed the advice found in the title of Episode 171: Testing Our Glob of Assumptions.

In this episode, I read from: a political tract called Caste: A Brief History, a very silly book that attempts to erase biases (without apparently realizing that bias is also the positive force that causes people to accept as well as reject one another); my computer's quickie dictionary; and Michael Crichton's book Eaters of the Dead. I play: elements from two On The Media episodes, first "40 Acres", and then "Well, That Was Some Weird Shit"; the actual BeeGees singing; and DL Myers once again invoking the Powell Movement Stinger. KMFDM backs political economist Mark Blyth in the intro, and I close with Mistle Thrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment