Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Episode 109: Casserole

Play Now!

Sometimes leftovers happen. Why waste a perfectly good ingredient or two or three or seven just because there isn't enough of any one for a meal? Time to toss with pasta, bake, and serve up these perfectly tasty but two-year-old ingredients in Episode 109: Casserole.


Fun story behind these….


In this episode, I read from some old newspapers concerning their opinion of Col. Blethen; D. L. Myers reads the poem "All Is Well" by an Anonymous author from 1912, the poem found in Upton Sinclair's 1923 book The Goose-Step, which reprinted it; and from the depositions of Monica Lewinski.



(I don't remember which ones or where I found them online two years ago. I do remember it was a hell of a hunt for the poorly scanned gif images of the deposition papers without a hint of optical character digitization.)

Musically, I play tiny, tiny bits of: Lee Rosevere's "Thinking It Over"; Jupiter Makes Me Scream's "Shine, Shine, Shine!"; and Pietnaska's "Noakowski." Podington Bear backs the Blethen Chimes poem with "Feldspar"; KMFDM backs Mark Blyth; and Mistle Thrush backs me in the close.

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

2 comments:

  1. Can't remember which episode (I binge listen while doing yard work), but at one time you asked for Podcasters that don't use conventional advertising. Well being forced to become your local Dishonest (some say dark) Webber, Sam Harris latest podcast had on a guest that spoke just about this topic. While I'm sure they don't hate ads as supernaturally as you do, they had some bad words to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harris had a good guest, eh? Thanks, Man, I'll check it out!

      —Jim

      Delete