Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Episode 204 Our Howie Holidays… of Work

Play Now!

Let's remember Howie's 1958 holiday, the one that turned out to be “I Must Work More!” In this Episode 204, Our Howie Holidays… of Work, I explore just some of the forces that try to convince us to stop worrying, but to never, ever stop working.

In this episode, I read: Jacob Goldstein's comments made on the podcast You Are Not So Smart; and from Benjamin Hunnicutt's book Kellogg's Six-Hour Day. I played: a video from the Bank of England concerning broad money creation; and from a recording of Michael Hudson relaying key moments in his life (I wish I could remember where I got it!).

At the end, I also play an old audio montage about money creation, something I originally assembled in 2011, built of clips from early C-Realm Podcast episodes, and last heard on this show back on Episode 8: The Buck Starts Here. In order of vocal appearance, we find in the montage: C-Realm host KMO; John Michael Greer (from #262: Assume the Can is Open), Ellen H. Brown (from #102: A Vocabulary of Control); Thomas H. Greco (from #265: Legal Tender and the Credit Clearing Function); Dmitri Orlov and Richard Heinberg (from #266: A Black Hole of Debt); Charles Eisenstein (from #272: Emperor of What); and Doug Lain (who has not articulated the tidbit himself as far as I am aware, but I included his voice as well) (from #269: A Better Laugh Track). Ably backing those voices was Ga'an's "Servant Eye".

I open the show with Henry Giroux explaining how lies are perpetrated by the moneyed right, backed by KMFDM. I close with Julie & Rolf and the Campfire Gang.

Addendum: Listener and old friend Bleak Nemesis did a little digging and found the Michael Hudson interview I have. I followed Bleak's Stitchup link and found what seems to be a now-defunct show called Left Out. According to the link: "This autobiographical interview was conducted at Peking University on May 7, 2018 by Lau Kin Chi of the Global University for Sustainability."

I still don't know how it got on my computer, but now we know more!

No comments:

Post a Comment