Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Episode 145: All Is Fare In Law and War

Play Now!

Some episode topics for this show are too obvious to even mention…until they affect me more grievously than a simple plea to get another credit card. I discuss that targeted, personal aspect of direct mail in this Episode 145: All Is Fare In Law and War.

In this episode, I read from a Wikipedia entry concerning the Supreme Court's 2018 Janus Decision. I mention a group listener Kevin turned me onto, a guerrilla art outfit called Advertising Shits In Your Head. These guys create what look like real ads, posters in kiosks and the like, but when you actually read them, totally indict the companies the posters mock. Oh, to have that kind of talent! I also play: a snippet of Brad Parscale opining on some of the tools of his trade; and D. L. Myers once again reading the Powell Movement Stinger.

Musically, I play: Podington Bear doing "Skeptic". I open with KMFDM's "Attack" backing Justice John Paul Stevens reading a selection from his dissent on the Court's Citizens United Not Timid decision; and I close with the Pietnastka's "Salto" (the intro of which I play earlier in the show).

(Also, just a reminder, these show notes pages are the bestest place for you to leave comments on the show. The chances I will find comments left in other places scattered around the internets are slim to none, sadly. So, please, leave comments here.)

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

4 comments:

  1. I remember a group called ASH (Action on Smoking and Health) defacing tobacco billboards in the 70's or 80's. Maybe the current iteration of ASH was inspired by the previous incarnation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [Did quick Searchie search]

      Interesting. They well could be the same people, only with money and offices.

      —Jim

      Delete
  2. No, really, you are interesting. I often refer to you as the Forrest Gump of podcasting. -bleak

    ReplyDelete