Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Episode 143: Maybe They Do Care

Play Now!

A lack of any response from communicants can grow into frustration, over time building into a sense of utter hopelessness. By watching what they do, one can sometimes infer that someone might indeed be listening. Hence Episode 143: Maybe They Do Care.

In this episode, I relied on my own frail memory. If I got any recollections down right wrong, that's on me. I played: excerpts of ad and donation begging from both Radio Lab and Reveal; and a snippet from the Fight Club rules as voiced by Brad Pitt. Musically, I played two from Podington Bear, first "Sensitive" and then "Running On Empty". Because I mentioned the On The Media BGs (Brooke Gladstone and Bob Garfield), I also played the real BGs. KMFDM opened the show with Mr. Ceglowski, and I'm closing today with Mistle Thrush.

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0 share-alike, attribution, and non-commercial license.

(Oh, and for my perpentious listeners who were wondering why I released this episode a day late… I… took a nap? That went long? Like, a day long? It totally happens. Right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment