Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Episode 138: Digital Psychopathy

Play Now!

When machines can read your expressions as well as humans, we should worry, especially when such predators, be they human or machine, feel not the slightest tinge of remorse. Hence, Episode 138: Digital Psychopathy.

In this episode, I read from: Shoshana Zuboff's Age of Surveillance Capitalism; and a Scientific American article by Kevin Dutton. Going by memory, I recount: a focus subject from the British documentary The Detectives; and Kevin Dutton's book The Wisdom of Psychopaths. I also play: Kevin Dutton talking about his book; The CBS Weekend News, amplifying some bad research; and Bill and Ted talking to themselves, from their Excellent Adventure.

Musically, I play: Lee Rosevere's "Content" and "What's Behind the Door", two tunes I used to separate and later join the two topics I spoke about today; and Podington Bear quite appropriately doing "Degradation". KMFDM backs Bruce Livesy commenting about relative corporate power; and I close with Mistle Thrush.

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0, attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment