Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Episode 76: The Pros And Their Cons

Play Now!

(This episode is part of the series The Powell Movement.)

So far, I've shared the fortunes amassed into foundations, and the gobbledygook, bunkum and distortions that bought. At what point, though, could we say with some degree of certainty that these investments started to bear fruit? I address that question in this Episode 76: The Pros and Their Cons.

In this episode, I read from a book by Jacob S. Hacker & Paul Pierson, Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer—And Turned Its Back on the Middle Class. I also read briefly from Lewis Powell's Memo, and had further memo reading help from the pitch-perfect voice talent of D. L. Myers.

I returned musically to the soundtrack of one of my favorite video games of all time, Total Annihilation. In order of play, you hear "Desolation," "Stealth," "Brutal Battle," and "Licking Wounds." I close the show with another Total Annihilation tune, "Where Am I?", and I open with KMFDM once again backing Henry Giroux.

No comments:

Post a Comment