Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Bonus Episode: The Powell Memo

Play Now!

This is a Bonus Episode. Rather than look as deeply as I can into a given topic, I've decided to give you, the Listener, the source material for what I consider to be one of the most important documents in recent US political history.

Given its length and the dryness of the content, I in no way hold a grudge against anyone who wishes instead to execute the skip button and leave this unheard. I plan to address this document in my usual excerpting style in the near future, complete with as many jokes as I can muster; so skipping this will be no loss.

For those that do listen, I hope you share with me the awe of hearing a document that may well have shaped more of our recent history than any other.

2 comments:

  1. hello Jim, i'm fond of what you do here in general,and it's a great idea to share a reading of this document. I have to say, english is not my first language, i'm french, and i think you speak in a very intelligible way for my french ears, i understood everything. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vincent. When I hear that people can understand me, that's music to my ears.

      I spent many years as a tour guide where people from all over the globe wanted to hear about their surroundings. I guess I learned something there about being articulate enough to be understood.

      Thanks again!

      Delete