Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Episode 252: Stupid ASOLs

Play Now!

When something is new, its very introduction can cause friction, even havoc. People always wonder how good or bad things could get. In this Episode 252, I offer a bit disjointed ranting on the business end of Large Language Models, or Stupid ASOLs.

In this Episode, I read from: a blog post from an Italian computer scientist concerning her term for ASOLs, SALAMI; and Ed Zitron's article called "The Subprime AI Crisis". I recalled from my 15 years as a professional mariner some details about poop decks and heads, so you would know the difference. (I also mentioned briefly a Reuters article concerning the restart of Three Mile Island, but neglected to mention this in the wrap-up at the end. I apologize for my oversight.)

I played: the ASOL-created "podcast" piece of shit Dr. Kristen Stuppy whipped up.

Musically, I opened with a new intro featuring ASOL-concerned journalist John Herrman backed by KMFDM. I'm closing today with Mistle Thrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment