Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Episode 173: MFA Our Influencing Machines and Their Masters.

Play Now!

Time to dive once again into Jerry Mander's 1978 book, this time selecting just a couple of his reasons to eliminate television. These are reflected in the title of Episode 173: Our Influencing Machines and Their Masters.

In this episode, I read from Jerry Mander's 1978 book Four Arguments For The Elimination of Television. I play two from et, first "Intro", and then "Black". Dmitri Orlov opens the show backed by KMFDM, and I close with Mistle Thrush.

2 comments:

  1. At Annapolis in the late 80s we learned "True Virgins Make Dull Companions At Weddings" and when going from compass to true, "Can Dead Men Vote Twice At Elections?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I only prefer "add Whiskey" because: 1) It emphasizes the addition of westerly V/D, and; 2) because "adding whiskey" is creepier when talking about virgins.

      I hadn't learned the second, though. Thanks! And remember: New Reels Catch Fish, So Purchase Some!

      —Jim

      Delete