Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Episode 150: Ligers and Tigons and Joe

Play Now!

Don't you hate it when someone comes along and makes you realize that everything you've grown used to supporting is just as toxic as what you really despise? I confront the compromise and the damage done in this Episode 150: Ligers and Tigons and Joe.

In this episode, I read from: my computer's quickie dictionary; emails from Nancy Pelosi and the DCCC; and Anne Nelson's book Shadow Network: Media, Money, and the Secret Hub of the Radical Right. Expect more from that book. It's right up the alley of this show.

I play: Joe Exotic entertaining Stephen Colbert from prison; D. L. Myers voicing the Powell Movement Stinger; and George Takei doing his signature Oh, My, that one from an episode of Futurama. Musically, I play: Podington Bear doing "Climbing the Mountain"; and Jahzzar doing "Wind". I open with Bernie Sanders bemoaning the concentration of media, that backed by KMFDM; and I close today with Mistle Thrush.

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

2 comments:

  1. "bbuUuuuttttTtt ttTtwwWWuuuuuUUuuummMMMppp..."
    [\sarcasm]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Said the earnest protestations of one Elmer Fudd….

      Delete