Thursday, March 14, 2024

Episode 239: What I Do With The Mad That I Feel

Play Now!

My show is reactive: things happen, and I react to them. This happened recently when the number and tone of commercials in my podcast feed spiked. I cover this and speculate on why it happened in this Episode 239: What I Do With The Mad That I Feel.

In this episode, I read from J. C. McQuiston's letter concerning radio advertising from the August, 1922 issue of Radio News called "Advertising by Radio. Can It and Should It Be Done?"

I played: two episodes of On The Media, one from November 3rd and the other from November 10th. (Keep in mind that if you go to the links and listen for the same ads I excerpted, you probably won't find them, simply because ads are inserted dynamically, and mine date back to the original releases.) I also played Mr. Fred Rogers testifying before congress in 1969.

Musically, I played: some incidental music from the old radio drama Dragnet; and Podington Bear doing "In My Head". KMFDM's "Attack" backed Tim Bousquet in the opening, and I'm closing now with Mistle Thrush's close to "It's All Like Today".

No comments:

Post a Comment