Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Episode 236: Madison's Farcical Tragedy

Play Now!

I introduce a new word in this episode more to point out that it does not represent a new concept, but rather a very old one. The problem of controlling this recent outbreak due to an old story is the topic of this Episode 236: Madison's Farcical Tragedy.

In this episode, I read from: a transcript for a speech given by danah boyd on agnotology; Robert McChesney and John Nichols' 2013 book, Dollarocracy: How the Money and Media Election Complex is Destroying America; and Robert McChesney's also 2013 book Digital Disconnect: How Capitalism is Turning The Internet Against Democracy.

I played: Brooke Gladstone from On The Media interviewing Brian Stelter; David Simon giving testimony to Congress about the collapse of newspapers; and D. L. Myers invoking the haunting Powell Movement Stinger. Musically, KMFDM backed Jesse Richardson in a new opening segment concerning the best and worst of we humans; and I'm closing today with Julie & Rolf & The Campfire Gang doing "Over the Rainbow".

Addendum, February 11, 2024: It has quite recently come to my attention that I am, as was once pointed out to me in friendly correspondence, dumber than dried dog shit. Near the end of this episode, I promised a link to a radio thing that kinda sorta confirmed suspicions I voiced in this episode.

I forgot to provide the link. Hence, I am that dumb. Dried dog shit dumb.

Here's the link to that Here & Now story as previously promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment