Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Episode 234: Enshittification

Play Now!

There's a new word out there, doing its part to describe an old type of theft. Rentiers are once again attempting to rake in money, today using technology to make that job easier. I describe this word and some of the acts associated with it in this Episode 234: Enshittification.

In this episode, I read from: correspondence between myself and my podcast host helpers; and from two bloggy articles (the first also re-published by Wired) by Cory Doctorow. Listen also to Cory's extended three-part interview conducted by "BeeGee" Brooke Gladstone.

I played Clark Gable's huckster character from the 1947 movie The Hucksters in the intro, backed by KMFDM. Julie & Rolf & The Campfire Gang sing us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment