Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Episode 231: SSG The Status Goldfish

Play Now!

In this final sharing of Will Storr's book, The Status Game, I give a glimpse into the tyranny of the cousins, people amongst us who seek to correct behavior in ways that should sound familiar. Watch what you say in this Episode 231: SSG The Status Goldfish.

In this episode, I finish up sharing the gist of Will Storr's book The Status Game: On Human Life and How to Play It. All that I quote came from that book, which I recommend you read yourself. Seriously, The Wife and I share few books in common; this is one of them. That should say quite a bit in itself. You also heard the robot from the original TV show Lost in Space delivering his famous warning.

Musically, KMFDM backs Tony Brasunas commenting on the nature of actual free speech and the media consciousness one needs to sort through all the speech. Julie & Rolf and the Campfire Gang sing us into a landing with "Over the Rainbow".

Oh, and quick housekeeping note: the computer I use to create these episodes is starting to show its age. Hey, it got to twenty years without too much trouble! Now, though, sometimes it fires up ready to actually work, and sometimes… not so much. It looks like I'll have some computer shopping to do pretty soon, which undoubtedly will affect new episodes in the immediate future. I appreciate your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment