Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Episode 208: FOB Peddling the Nitrogen Cycle

Play Now!

What do you think: will we as a species starve to death, or merely roast? Trying to thread that policy needle is proving a challenge, one that (for me, at least) needs to be itself challenged. Hence, Episode 208: FOB Peddling the Nitrogen Cycle.

In this episode, I read from: not just one, but two web sites produced by the World Economic Forum in 2016; an Environmental Protection Agency primer on judging the potency of greenhouse gasses; not just one, but two articles about resistance to new law, the first from The Financial Post, and the second from the New York Times; and my computer's quickie dictionary.



I play: the sound of protests in the Netherlands. KMFDM backs Mark Blyth's shitty remarks in the opening; and I close with Mistle Thrush.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jim no.

    I'm gonna have a think and sit down to respond to this, but I'm afraid I have many problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Pim. Take your time.

      I will say that this is not a one-off episode; I'm working on another that will (I hope) add needed context to my thinking. I ask that you hear the whole series before worrying about problems you have with this one.

      (The next installment is getting delayed a bit from my lack of sleep now that I'm back at work, but it should come out on time or soon thereafter.)

      Delete
    2. Fair enough. I'll hold my tongue and respond to the whole thing when it's done. Good luck! :)

      Delete