Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Episode 126: Self Evidence

Play Now!

To wrap this whole use of propaganda against the citizens that started in the Great War, I thought I'd share my personal journey both within and outside of the myths pounded into us through the television we watch in this Episode 126: Self Evidence.

In this episode, I read from: Tim Wu's fabulous book, The Attention Merchants: The Epic Struggle to Get Inside Our Heads; and from my computer's quickie dictionary. I further paraphrased the investigative work of Robert Parry.

I play: President Lyndon Johnson talking to Everett Dirksen concerning Tricky Dick's latest trick; and Ronald Reagan giving his inaugural speech. Musically, I play: an elevator version of "The Girl From Ipanema", made more or less famous in the movie The Blues Brothers; The Nora Bayes version of "Over There", which happens to have been the first version released; Lee Rosevere's "The Secret to Growing Up"; and Podington Bear's "Sensitive". KMFDM backed Chuck Mertz's ironic question in the opening, and you're now listening to Mistle Thrush's "It's All Like Today".

I'm releasing this and all my episodes under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to break this to you but you would have turned 17 in 1980 so you couldn't vote for another year and a half and yeah I need to call you soon. -Bleak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have chosen your Internet name, well, my Bleak Nemesis!

      —Jim, The Wrong Again Because [Reasons]

      Delete