Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Episode 120: Call It What You Will

Play Now!

You can call it propaganda, or you can call it bias, or you can call it undo pressure from funding sources involved in the topic. I call this Episode 120: Call It What You Will.

In this episode, you hear: The Real BGs, who helped me signal Bob and Brooke from On The Media; a segment of that show interviewing RT Host Abby Martin from March of 2014; a bit from the very short-lived Dana Carvey Show; Jaron Lanier, once again, from his Waking Up Podcast interview; excerpts from the first two installments of the New York Times video Operation Infektion; and D. L. Myers intoning the Powell Movement Stinger.

I read from: my quickie dictionary; the introduction to Jacques Ellul's book Propaganda; and James Piereson's quote, which I found in Jane Mayer's book Dark Money.

Musically, I play: two from Jahzzar, first "Lemonade" and then "Dial". I open the show with KMFDM backing Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens reading his dissent on the Citizens United, Not Timid decision; and I'm close with Mistle Thrush.

I'm releasing this and all my shows under a Creative Commons 4.0 attribution, share-alike, and non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment